For those of you out there who have neither the time nor the energy to get obsessed with party details, let me do the work for you! I love this stuff.
So you have an idea as to what a Brilliant Bash Blueprint may look like, I’ve created a sample for you.
Each Brilliant Bash Blueprint comes with a custom Bash Board (as you see above), as well as a complete, personalized party plan, such as the one included below. This sample Blueprint is for a busy, uncrafty couple who don’t want to spend more than $200 on the bash, and they have two weeks to prepare. Please keep in mind that the formatting on this blog isn’t the greatest, so the actual Blueprint would appear much more attractive than this sample.
Brilliant Bash Blueprint:
1st Annual Tiki Party
Theme: Freaki Tiki
Colour Palette: Tropical colours – bright green, orange, red, pink and yellow
• Tiki lanterns
• Grass table skirt
• Coconut cups
• Fresh tropical flowers
• Tiki bar sign
• Brightly coloured candles
• Punch bowl
• Patterned napkins
• Food picks
• Themed cupcakes
• Tiki pinata
• Hawaiian pizzas (meat and veg versions)
• Fruit platter (pineapple, melons and strawberries)
• Coconut cookies
• Themed cupcakes
• Tortilla chips w/pineapple salsa
• Tiki punch
• Pineapple soda or pineapple juice w/pineapple wedge garnish
• Tiki soundtrack
Guest Favours: Leis and pinata winnings
• Outfits – Grass skirts and brightly coloured tops for the women; khaki shorts or pants and colourful hawaiian shirts for the men
• Accessories – Leis, faux flowers in hair and around wrists and ankles, coconut or shell “bras” over shirts, fun jewellery and earrings such as these
Overall Feel: Colourful, fun, relaxed – not too cheesy or overdone with décor, but with an edge of spooky tiki (achieved via music, lanterns and candlelight)
• Forego the usual paper or plastic printed cups and opt for plastic coconut-shaped cups instead. These costs a bit more, but are much more fun and memorable. If you can only afford a few, just start the night with the coconut cups and move on to paper or plastic printed cups as more guests arrive
• As each guest arrives, greet him/her at the door and adorn him/her with a brightly coloured lei. This is a great way to welcome your guests to the party.
Suggested Preparation Timeline and Checklist:
3-4 weeks prior: N/A
2-3 weeks prior: N/A
1-2 weeks prior:
o Purchase décor items and soundtrack (order any online items as early as possible)
o Purchase attire
o Purchase pinata contents
o Purchase small bags for guests to place their pinata winnings
o Stuff pinata
o Purchase pineapple soda/juice
o Clean your home
o Purchase and arrange flowers
o Purchase necessary food items
o Bake cupcakes
o Create name tags for coconut cups (since there will be a limited amount of coconut cups, this will help to ensure guests continue to use the same cup throughout the party)
o Place extra toilet tissue in the washroom
o Prepare space for guest jackets in your front closet and shoes in your entryway
o Start to arrange food table
o Hang tiki lights and pinata
o Decorate cupcakes
o Finish arranging food table
o Prepare punch bowl
o Pick up ice
o Set up ice bucket
o Slice pineapple wedges for drink garnishes
o Place straws and cups for guests to self serve their drinks
o Order pizza
Décor Items: Tiki grass table skirts, grass skirts, leis, themed napkins/cups/drink picks/straws, brightly coloured candles, plastic coconut cups, tiki lanterns and pinatas can be purchased at your local dollar stores, party stores or online via Party America , Luau Express or Party Mart (Canada). And if there was ever a time to display your brightly coloured serving platters and bowls, this is it!
Flowers: One day prior to the bash, pick up brightly coloured flowers at your local grocery store or favourite florist. If you have particular flowers in mind, order the flowers ahead of time, as early as your timeline allows.
• Order the pizzas from your favourite pizza delivery restaurant
• Purchase the remainder of the food and drinks at your local grocery store
• Use a cake mix and store-bought icing for the cupcakes to make things easier for yourself. Use tiki-themed drink picks as cupcake decorations. I would suggest chocolate cupcakes with white icing, so they have a dark look, but the white icing will allow the tiki-themed drink picks to really stand out.
• If you cannot find pineapple salsa, there is a great recipe here
• Punch Recipes:
Tiki Rum Punch
4 Cups water
1 Cup lime or lemon juice
3 cups strawberry-flavored syrup
2 cups Jamaican white rum or Appleton Rum
Mix all ingredients together in a punch bowl. Serve over ice cubes with a piece of lime or lemon. Water and rum maybe added to weaken or strengthen as needed. Serves 10-12
- OR -
Tropical Rum Punch
8 cups (2 quarts) guava nectar
6 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
1 cup fresh lime juice
2 cups coconut cream
3 cups light rum or Malibu Rum to taste
Chill all ingredients well before mixing. Mix all ingredients well in a large punch bowl. Float an ice mold or block of ice. Serve over crushed ice, if desired. Makes 40 servings.
• Pinata – This can be purchased at your local dollar stores, party stores or online via Party America , Luau Express or Party Mart (Canada)
• Tiki soundtrack – available via iTunes (Recommended: Kenny Saski & the Tiki Boys) or online via CD Universe or Amazon (Recommended: Drew’s Famous Original Tiki Bar Party Music CD)
• Limbo – just a broom handle can work for this one! Twist a lei around it if you would like to pull the party colours into the game.
Have a fabulous time!
Thanks for reading!